Students should arrive to school no later than 8:55 a.m. School begins each day at 9:00 a.m. With safety being one of Faith’s priorities, and no supervision provided prior to school, please have your child here no earlier than 8:50 a.m. and remain with them until a teacher or other staff member is present. Before and after school care is available – please contact the office to learn more.
Being at school on time each day is very important; it improves learning and creates healthy habits. Inconsistent drop off routines and times truly get in the way of students being a part of this learning community and can leave gaps in the educational process. Please make every attempt to schedule appointments, family vacations, and other out-of-school events during non-school days. Excessive tardiness and absences will be addressed by the administration.
Please inform your teacher in advance when your child needs to be picked up or dropped off early from school.
Arrival/Dismissal/Late Pick Up
Please make certain that students are picked up on time. Should you arrive late (5 minutes after dismissal), you will be billed at a rate of $5 per minute. Your child will be with their classroom teacher 5 minutes after SCHEDULED pick up time. After this time they will be with the After School Club teacher.
Students will not be permitted to walk unattended through the parking lot. Please avoid distractions (like cell phone conversations) and drive slowly into and out of the school parking lot. With a number of small children in the parking lot, we ask for your undivided attention for their safety.
Sign In and Out Requirements
Upon arrival and departure, parents must sign their child in and out by scanning the QR Code on the phone provided by the teacher and enter their personal pin number. ONLY adults authorized on the emergency pick-up form will be able to pick up and sign out a child.
If your child will be absent, please send a message using the Brightwheel app.
Too Sick for School?
For information about our COVID-19 response, click here.
Children and staff with any of the following symptoms will be excluded from school:
- Diarrhea where stool frequency exceeds two stools above normal per 24 hours for that child or one stool contains more than a drop of blood or mucus
- Vomiting: 2 or more times in a previous 24 hours
- Open or oozing sores (unless properly covered with waterproof dressing) or mouth sores with drooling
- Suspected communicable skin infection such as impetigo, pinkeye, and scabies: the child may return 24 hours after starting antibiotic treatment.
- Lice, ringworm, or scabies: Individuals with head lice, ringworm, or scabies must be excluded from the end of the day it was discovered. The child may return 24 hours after starting treatment if they appear healthy.
- Fever of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher by any method.
- Behavior change or other signs and symptoms of illness: this may include earache, headache, sore throat, rash, vomiting, or diarrhea.
Children and staff who have a reportable disease may not be in attendance at Faith unless approved by the local health authority.
Faith does not take oral, ear, or rectal temperatures.
Illness or Injury at School
Faith will keep a confidential, individualized, written record in the child’s file that includes the following: date of an illness or injury, treatment provided while at Faith, and names of the staff providing treatment.
Faith will provide a copy of the illness or injury report to the child’s parent or guardian. Faith will keep a current, written incident log listing date of illness or injury, the child’s name, names of staff involved, and a brief description of the incident for tracking and analysis. Families will be notified in writing when their child(ren) have been exposed to infectious diseases or parasites. The notification may consist of either a letter or posting a notification in a visible location. Faith is a mandated disease reporter to the health department from the local health department.