Very Involved Volunteer Scholarships/Tuition Discounts
Parent volunteers offer a huge resource of support base for the school community while showing their children the importance of participating in the larger community. At Faith Lutheran School, each family is required to complete 10 volunteer hours. However, we offer Very Involved Volunteer (VIV) positions and tuition discounts as the school sees a need. These duties, roles, and hours vary each year. In order to receive the tuition discount, you must apply for the VIV position and once accepted you will receive tuition discount for the hours you complete. Please see below for the VIV positions available for the 2018-2019 school year. Stop by the school office to pick up a VIV application if you are interested.
VIV Ground Keeper (200 Hours = $4,400 tuition reduction)
- A minimum of 200 hours from Sept-June. Most of the work to be done between March-June.
- Log all hours on log sheet.
- Communicate with both church and school members regarding ground tasks and duties and seek direction from church, school board, ECE Director, and Building and Grounds Committee.
- General maintenance of the landscape of the outdoor facility: including weeding flower beds, mowing front and back lawn, trimming the hillside with weed-eaters, sweeping walkways.
- Help with playground equipment and bark.
- Operate large and small equipment, including mowers, weed eaters, leaf blowers, pressure washer and rakes, as needed or asked.
- Return all equipment to the supply shed. Keep supply shed clean and organized.
Fundraising Staff Support (50 hours= $2,200 tuition reduction)
- Help FLS Staff with Auction to do including data entry, item pick up, and procurement
Volunteer Coordinator (50 hours= $2,200 tuition reduction)
- Organize volunteers with various events including: teacher appreciation week, Christmas cookie walk, Welcome back Parent Orientation etc.
Need Based Scholarships
Faith Lutheran School offers limited tuition assistance to families seeking private education who potentially might not have access due to financial constraints. Tuition assistance requires a separate application. We encourage you to visit http://sssbynais.org/schools/ to complete an online application. Faith’s school board reviews the applications and disperses resources pending determined needs and availability of scholarship funds. Please contact the school director with any questions about scholarships.
Faith Lutheran School accepts state subsidies. Several state child care subsidy programs help eligible families with children pay child care costs. The most common is the Working Connections Child Care program which helps families who are working and have incomes at or below 200 percent of the federal poverty level. Other programs include the help for families who are homeless or seasonal workers, or through specific Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) programs. The first step is for the family to contact DSHS to see if they qualify for subsidies, using the Community Services Office website or by calling toll-free 1.877.501.2233.
Working Connections Child Care website: https://www.del.wa.gov/parents-family/getting-help-paying-child-care/working-connections-child-care-wccc
Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) programs: https://www.dshs.wa.gov/esa/community-services-offices/child-care-subsidy-program
Please contact the school director with any questions about state subsidies.